Part of living and leading is being fully present in today. When the regrets of yesterday crash in, or the fears of tomorrow loom ahead, it is so important to remember this fact: now is what we have. Living filled with gratitude helps me live in the present. I am able to influence others for the good when my attitude is one of thankfulness. Too many times I have lived today in regret of the past or fear of the future, so now I’m trying to focus instead on living today in gratitude. Here are a few quotes which helped me refocus today towards gratitude:
- “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” – Zig Ziglar
- “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” – Brene Brown
- “…Any who is grateful does so to the profit of his own soul…“ Al Qu’ran Al-Luqman 31:12
- “A smart manager will establish a culture of gratitude. Expand the appreciative attitude to suppliers, vendors, delivery people, and of course, customers.” – Harvey Mackay
- “When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity. A person can almost be defined by his or her attitude toward gratitude.” – Elie Wiesel.
- “…in everything give thanks.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18a
- “Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character. We like to be around those who are grateful” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “Give yourself a gift of five minutes of contemplation in awe of everything you see around you. Go outside and turn your attention to the many miracles around you. This five-minute-a-day regimen of appreciation and gratitude will help you to focus your life in awe.” – Wayne Dyer
- “As with all commandments, gratitude is a description of a successful mode of living. The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.” – James E. Faust
Questions for Reflection:
Who is the most grateful person you know? How do you feel when you are around them?
What is a quote on gratitude you could write as a reminder to yourself and others?